Argenta has a constituent type of Delegate for all your tracking needs. Delegates are people that are elected to represent their constituents in a political assembly. In order to track delegate payments and such, you must have your delegates listed as delegates within Argenta.
To add delegates please select Constituents (CRM) > Delegates - from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side.
This will open the Delegates screen where all of your organizations delegates will be listed. From here click the "Add New" button.
This will open the Add A New Delegate by Designating A Constituent As A Delegate screen.
1. From here you will search for a constituent that is already listed in your system, to designate as a Delegate
. If your constituent is not listed you may add them by selecting the "Add New" button. For help adding a new constituent please refer to the KB Article - Add Constituents
. This is a required field.
2. Next you can select the Term Start and End dates for the delegate. These are not required.
Then, click the "Add Delegate & Enter Details" button to add the delegate and enter some more details for your delegate.
This will open the Workspace for Delegate screen.
From here you can enter many more details about your delegate. Let's explore all your options:
- Record Permissions - You can choose to lock the record by placing a checkmark in the "Lock This Record" box. Choosing to lock this record prevents users from viewing or updating it, unless they're either a master admin or given specific permissions on the Record Permissions tab. Permissions also work by assigning a department, district and/or precinct. If you have users in your system who are restricted by these permissions, they will only be able to see records in the departments/districts/precincts you have granted them access to.
- Open The Full Constituent Card - By clicking this button you will be taken into the full constituent card where you can add/edit details of this constituents phone numbers, addresses, and other information.
- Delegate Status - Choose a status from the drop-down menu. Your Options are: Active, Inactive, and In Process.
- Delegate Number - If you use delegate numbers please enter the number here.
- Preferred Payment Method - You may set this delegates preferred payment method by selecting one from the drop-down menu.
- Active Date - By default, this will show the day you are entering the record. You can select another active date by manually typing in a date or by using the date selector.
- Application Date - You can enter an application date by manually typing the date or by using the date selector.
- Nomination Date - You can enter a nomination date by manually typing the date or by using the date selector.
- Approval Date - You can enter an approval date by manually typing the date or by using the date selector.
- Delegate Start Year - You can enter the delegates start year here.
- Delegate End Year - You can enter the delegates end year here.
- Delegate Term Start Date - You can enter the delegates term start date here.
- Delegate Term End Date - You can enter the delegates term end date here.
- Renewal Date - Enter a renewal date if applicable here.
- Inactive Date - Enter an inactive date if applicable here.
- Inactive Reason - If the delegate is inactive you can set an inactive reason by selecting one from the drop-down. If an appropriate reason is not listed click the "Add New" button to add a new reason.
- Is Suspended - If the delegate is suspended, mark yes here.
- Suspension Start Date - Once "Yes" is set for suspended, this field will become available. Set a start date by manually typing it or using the date selector.
- Suspension End Date - You can set a suspension end date here.
- Suspension Reason - Select a suspension reason from the drop-down menu. If an appropriate reason is not listed click the "Add New" button to add a new reason.
- Department/Chapter - Select the department/chapter this delegate belongs to from the drop-down menu. If a department/chapter is not listed click the "Add New" button to add a new one.
- Delegate Type - You may select a delegate type from the drop-down menu. If an appropriate type is not listed click the "Add New" button to add a new type.
- Delegate Category - Select a delegate category from the drop-down menu. If an appropriate category is not listed click the "Add New" button to add a new category.
- Delegate Level - Select a level from the drop-down menu. If an appropriate level is not listed click the "Add New" button to add a new level.
- Acquisition Source - Select the acquisition source for your delegate from the drop-down menu. If an appropriate source is not listed click the "Add New" button to add a new source.
- Associated Campaign - If the delegate is associated to a campaign, please select the campaign here. If the appropriate campaign is not listed click the "Add New" button to add a new campaign.
You may also attach any related files, contact logs or notes to this record. Use these sections below. For help adding a related file please refer to KB Article - Add Related Files
. For help adding a note to the notes section please refer to KB Article - Add A Note to the Notes Section
Once all the details about your delegate have been filled out, click the Save Icon at the top or the "Save All Changes & Continue " button from the bottom to save your changes before moving on. Or if you are done with the record you can click the "Save All Changes & Exit" button to add the delegate and return you to your organizations complete delegate listing.
There are three more tabs of information in the Workspace for Delegate screen. Let's take a look at what these tabs contain.
This tab will show you all the delegate payments made for the delegate. This list can be filtered, searched or exported to Excel.
This tab will open the full constituent card and show you any events that the delegate has attended. This is controlled by the event attendance module.
This tab contains the individuals that are allowed to see the record if it is locked. Individual records can be locked so only master admins and users who
are listed here can view or edit them. To add user permissions for this record simply add them here by selecting the user from the drop-down menu,
the click the "Add Selected User" button. This will add the user to the record permissions and allow the user to edit and view the record.