Argenta allows for separate tracking of your delegate payments.
To enter a Delegate Payment use the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side and select General Financials > Delegate Payments.
This will open the complete listing of your organizations Delegate Payments. From here select the "Add New" button.
This will open the Delegate Payment Workspace screen. From here you will enter all the details about your delegate payment.
1. Record Permissions - You can choose to lock the record by placing a checkmark in the "Lock This Record" box. Choosing to lock this record prevents users from viewing or updating it, unless they're either a master admin or given specific permissions on the Record Permissions tab. Permissions also work by assigning a department, district and/or precinct. If you have users in your system who are restricted by these permissions, they will only be able to see records in the departments/districts/precincts you have granted them access to.
2. Add This Payment To The General Journal - If this transaction needs to hit your General Journal as a deposit click the checkbox to add this payment as an individual transaction. Proceed to fill out the associated Fund, Deposit/Checking Account and Account for the transaction. Here are the steps:
- Fund - Argenta uses nonprofit, fund accounting. Here you can choose which fund it will be added to.
- Deposit/Checking Account - Next, select a deposit of checking account. This is where your funds go when they're received.
- Argenta makes use of the "*Undeposited Funds" account. A good example of using this account is when you have multiple checks you need to deposit. You probably won't deposit each check separately, so you can add them all to *Undeposited Funds, then go the General Financials > Deposits and create one deposit transaction that can be reconciled in your bank account register.
- You can also use this filed for accrual accounting by selecting an Accounts Receivable account here.
- For this, you will choose the bank account that your delegate payments go into.
- Account - Argenta is a double entry system, so next you must select an account from your chart of accounts to debit the funds.
- If you use the cash accounting method, this would probably be an account like "Delegate Payments."
- If you use accrual based accounting, this would probably be an account like "Deferred Revenue".
3. Delegate ID - Select the delegate that is giving you the payment. This is required. You must have the person added as a Delegate and not just a constituent. Select the "Lookup" button to search for and select your delegate. Once a delegate is selected their name will appear under the Delegate ID field. Please ensure you have selected the correct delegate for your transaction.
4. Payment Date - Enter a payment date for the transaction by manually typing it in or by using the date selector. This is a required field.
5. Amount Paid - Enter an amount paid for the transaction. This is a required field.
6. Was A Receipt Given - Yes or No.
7. Payment Point of Entry - Use the drop-down menu to select how the payment was received.
8. Payment Type - Use the drop-down menu to select how you received the payment. Example: Check, cash, card, etc.
9. Check/PO/Reference Number - Enter a reference, PO, or check number here.
10. Delegate Payment Category - Select one from the drop-down menu or if there is not a sufficient category you can add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
11. Associated Department/Chapter - Select a department/chapter from the drop-down menu or click the "Add New" if you need to create a new one.
12. Related Merchant Fee Expense - If this payment was made with a credit card and has an associated
merchant fee expense, it will display here and can be opened by clicking
the 'Open Fee Expense' button.
13. Refunds Applied To This Delegate Payment - If there are any refunds applied to the payment they will be listed here. If you need to add a refund to this payment you will do so here as well.
You can also attach any related files or notes to this payment as needed by using these two sections as shown. For help adding a related files please refer to KB Article - Add Related Files
. For help adding a note to the notes section please refer to KB Article - Add A Note to the Notes Section
Once all of the details about you payment have been entered click the Save Icon at the top or the "Save All Changes & Continue" button to save your work and continue editing your Payment. Or if you are done with the payment you can click the "Save All Changes & Exit" button to add this payment and return to the complete delegate payments listing for your organization.
Individual records can be locked so only master admins and users who are listed here can view or edit them. To add user permissions for this record
simply add them here by selecting the user from the drop-down list, the click the "Add Selected User" button. This will add the user to the record
permissions and allow the user to edit and view the record.