is an individual, organization or household that has allied with your
organization for mutual benefit. Partners are first created as constituents in
Argenta and then assigned as Partners.
To get started, choose Constituents > Partners - from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
This will open up your organizations list of Partners. From here, click the
“Add New” button.
This will open the Add A New Partner by Designating A Constituent As A Partner screen...
From here you must enter:
1. Constituent ID -
To avoid duplicates in your database use the "Lookup" button to find and select the Constituent
you would like to designate as a Partner
. If the Constituent
is not in the system, you can add them here by clicking the "Add New" button. If you need help adding a constituent, see KB Article - Add A Constituent
2. Active Date - By default this will show the current date. You can override this by using the date selector or manually typing in a date. Then click the "Add Partner & Enter Details" button. This will add your constituent as a Partner and open the Workspace for Partner screen.
Here is where you will enter your Partner details. Let's go over each field in detail:
1. Record Permissions - You can choose to lock the record by placing a checkmark in the "Lock This Record" box. Choosing to lock this record prevents users from viewing or updating it, unless they're either a master admin or given specific permissions on the Record Permissions tab. Permissions also work by assigning a department, district and/or precinct. If you have users in your system who are restricted by these permissions, they will only be able to see records in the departments/districts/precincts you have granted them access to.
2. Open The Full Constituent Card - Selecting this will open the constituents full card allowing access to all the constituent tabs.
3. Active Date - This will be brought over from the previous screen. If you have made a mistake, you can correct it here. This is a required field.
4. Partner Status - Set a status for your partner by selecting one from the drop-down list. Your options are: Prospective, Active, Inactive.
5. Assigned to (Team Member) - If your partner should be assigned to a member of your team, select the "Lookup" button to search for and select the team member.
6. Partner Type - Select the type this partner is associated with from the drop-down list. If the
partner type you would like to use is not in the system, you can add a new one by
clicking the “Add New” button.
7. Department/Chapter - Select the department this partner is associated with from the drop-down list. If an appropriate department is not in the system, you can add a new one by clicking the "Add New" button.
8. Acquisition Source - Select the source for this partner, that is how the partner became associate to your organization, from the drop-down list. If an appropriate source is not listed, you can add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
9. Associated Campaign - If the partner is related to a campaign select the campaign by using the drop-down list. If a campaign is not listed, you can add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
Once these details have been filled out, now is a good time to save your work before continuing on. If you are done with the Partner you can click the "Save All Changes & Exit" button to save the partner and be returned to your partner list. If you are not done with the record, click the Save Icon from the top or the "Save All Changes & continue" button. This will save your work and allow you to keep working with the record.
In addition to the details you have filled in above, you may also choose to add files, contact or notes to this record as shown below.
For help adding a related file, please see KB Article - Add Related Files.
For help adding a note, please see KB Article - Add A Note to the Notes Section.
In addition to the details you entered, there are four other tabs of information about your Partner. Lets look at each one:
This tab will show the stakeholder groups your partner belongs to. In addition, you can add a new group to this partner from this tab by selecting the "Assign A New Stakeholder Group" button.
Areas of Focus
This tab will show the areas of focus for your partner. In addition, you can add areas of focus to your partner from this tab by selecting the "Assign A New Focus Area" button.
Sometimes Partners need follow up communication. You may need to remind
them of something or give them additional information when it becomes
available. Use Partner Follow Ups to keep track of dates and times you
need to follow up. You can set a notification time where Argenta will send you an email to remind you the follow up is due. Follow Ups will also display on your personal calendar, accessible from the Dashboard. To set a follow up simply select the "Add New" button.
Individual records can be locked so only master admins and users who are listed here can view or edit them. To add user permissions for this record simply
add them here by selecting the user from the drop-down list, then click the "Add Selected User" button. This will add the user to the record permissions
and allow the user to edit and view the record.