Volunteer Tasks are jobs you can assign to your volunteers. Once a
volunteer has been added in Argenta a volunteer task can be created and
assigned to them. Volunteer tasks can also be displayed on your public task calendar so volunteers can sign up for tasks. This automates the volunteer assignment process.
To get started, choose
Volunteerism > Volunteer Tasks - from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
This will open the Volunteer Task list. From here click the "Add New" button.
This will open the Volunteer Task Workspace.
Here is where you will enter the specifics about your task. There are a lot of fields in the task details screen, so let's go over each one in detail:
1. Record Permissions - You can choose to lock the record by placing a checkmark in the "Lock This Record" box. Choosing to lock this record prevents users from viewing or updating it, unless they're either a master admin or given specific permissions on the Record Permissions tab. Permissions also work by assigning a department, district and/or precinct. If you have users in your system who are restricted by these permissions, they will only be able to see records in the departments/districts/precincts you have granted them access to.
2. Display This Task On The Public Calendar -
Check this box to attach the task to your calendar. For more help on the public calendar please see KB Article - Using the Volunteer Task Calendar
3. Task Status - Creating a new task will by default leave your status as Open/Active. You can change this to Closed/Complete when the task has been completed.
3a. This Task Was Unfulfilled - Check this box if the task was unfulfilled.
4. Start Date & Time - Enter a start date for your task here. You can manually enter a date or use the date selector. This field is required.
5. End Date & Time - Enter an end date for your task here. You can manually enter a date or use the date selector. This field is required.
6. # of Hours - This field will automatically fill when you save the task based on the dates and times you select in the Start and End date fields.
7. Volunteer Task Title - Enter a descriptive title for your task. The title can be up to 140 characters long. The title will display in the task list and on your public task calendar. This field is required
8. Volunteer Task Description - You can enter a task description here.
9. Task Category - Select a category from the drop-down list. If an appropriate category is not listed you can add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
10. Task Outcome - Select a task outcome from the drop-down list if applicable. If an appropriate outcome is not listed you can add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
11. Volunteer ID - To assign this task to one of your volunteers, you will select the "lookup" button, search for and select the volunteer you want to assign. Otherwise leave this as *Unassigned.
12. Volunteer Task Group ID - If this task belongs to a task group select the group here by clicking the "Lookup" button, searching for and selecting the group.
13. Associated Client for This Task - If this task has an associated client. the click the "Lookup" button, search for and select the client associated with the task.
14. Associated Member for This Task - If this task has an associated member for the task, click the "Lookup"" button to search for and select the client.
15. Department/Chapter - If this task belongs to a specific department or chapter please select the appropriate one from the drop-down list. If a department of chapter is not listed you can add a new one by clicking the "Add New" button.
16. District - If the task belongs to a specific district select it from the drop-down list.
17. Precinct - If the task belongs to a specific precinct select it from the drop-down list.
18. Date Entered - This is an automatic time stamp when you create the task.
19. Date Assigned - When you assign the task you can enter a date here. You can manually enter a date and time or use the date and time selectors.
20. Mileage - If this task has mileage associated to it you can enter the miles here.
21. Amount Per Mile - If the task has mileage associated to it enter the reimbursement amount per mile here.
22. Associated Organization/Location for This Task - Select An Associated Constituent Location or enter a location manually. Remember if you have a public volunteer task calendar, whatever
information is displayed in these fields will be the location that
displays on the calendar.
23. Task Location Name - If entering a location manually enter the location name here.
24. Task Location Address - If entering a location manually enter the location address here.
25. City, State, Postal Code - If entering a location manually enter the city, state and postal code here.
26. Delivery Location Parking Instructions - If this task requires a delivery, enter the delivery location information here.
27. Contact Person's Name - If there is a contact associated with this task, enter the person's name here.
28. Email Address - Enter the contacts email address here.
29. Phone, Extension - Enter the contacts phone and extension here.
30. Special Instructions/Comments - If there are any special instructions or comments for the task, list them here.
31. Are special health or allergy accommodations necessary for this task? Yes or No.
32. If accommodations are needed please describe: - If there are special accommodations needed enter them here.
You should save your changes before moving on. If you are done with the task, you can click the "Save All & Exit" button. If you are not finished with the task you can click the Save Icon from the top or the "Save All & Continue" button from below.
You can attach any related files or add any notes to this task as needed.
Individual records can be locked so only master admins and users who are listed here can view or edit them. To add user permissions for this record simply
add them here by selecting the user from the drop-down list, then click the "Add Selected User" button. This will add the user to the record permissions
and allow the user to edit and view the record.