Material Distributions are used when team members distribute your Material Donations to Recipients.
To get started, choose Donations and Grants >
Material Distributions - from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
This will bring you into your Material Distribution screen where all the distributions you have done are listed. From here, click the "Add New" button.
will redirect you to the Add A New Material Distribution screen.
From here you need to enter a few quick details about your distribution:
1. Distribution Date - Enter a date of
distribution here. This is a required field.
2. Recipient ID - S
corresponding Recipient. If the Recipient is already in the system, click the
“Lookup” button and select a Recipient by searching for and selecting them. If the
Recipient is not in the system, you can add them by clicking the “Add New”
button (for help see KB Article, Add Material Donation Recipients
). This is a required field. The Recipient ID field
will display the ID for the selected Recipient, and their name will be
3. Distributed By - Select the team
member who handled the distributed by using the drop-down list. This is a required field.
After reviewing the
information entered, click the “Add Distribution & Enter Items” button to save and be redirected to the Material Distribution Workspace screen.
From here you will enter the details about the item(s) you are distributing. Lets take a look at each of the fields in detail:
1. Record Permissions - You can choose to lock the record by placing a checkmark in the "Lock This Record" box. Choosing to lock this record prevents users from viewing or updating it, unless they're either a master admin or given specific permissions on the Record Permissions tab. Permissions also work by assigning a department, district and/or precinct. If you have users in your system who are restricted by these permissions, they will only be able to see records in the departments/districts/precincts you have granted them access to.
2. Distribution Date - This will be filled in from the previous screen. If you made a mistake you can correct it here. This is a required field.
3. Recipient ID - This will be filled in from the previous screen. If you made a mistake you can correct it here. This is a required field.
4. Team Member who Distributed This - This will be filled in from the previous screen. If you made a mistake you can correct it here. This is a required field.
5. Distribution Status - Select a status from the drop-down list. Your options are: Complete or Incomplete. If a status is not listed you can add a new one by clicking the "Add New" button.
6. Distribution Type - Select a type from the drop-down list. If a type is not listed you can add a new one by clicking the "Add New" button.
7. Distribution Category - Select a category from the drop-down list. If a category is not listed you can add a new one by clicking the "Add New" button.
Once you have the above details completed, it is time to add the item(s) that you are distributing to the record.
In the Material Donation Items Distributed area you will click the "Add New Item" button.
This will open the Add A Distributed Item
screen where you will search for and select an item to add. Once the item is added, you need to fill in the quantity distributed. You need to type in a quantity for the item you added in the QTY Distributed field. Once you have added a quantity for the item select the save icon
to save the quantity and move on to the next item.
You can also add any related files or notes to the record as well.
Once all of the details about your distribution have been filled in, you can select the "Save All Changes & Exit" button, to save everything and be returned to your Distribution screen. Or if you are not done with the distribution workspace you can select the "Save All Changes & Continue" button to save your changes and move on.
Record Permission Tab:
Individual records can be locked so only master admins and users who are listed here can view or edit them. To add user permissions for this record simply
add them here by selecting the user from the drop-down list, then click the "Add Selected User" button.
This will add the user to the record permissions and allow the user to edit and view the record.