A Material Recipient is an individual, organization or household that receives physically
donated goods from your organization. Material Recipients are first
created as constituents in Argenta and then assigned as Material Recipients.
To get started, choose either Donations and Grants > Material Recipients or Materials Management > Material Recipients - from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
This will bring you into the Material Recipients screen. From here, click the
“Add New” button.
This will bring up the Add a New Recipient by Designating a Constituent As A Recipient window.
From this screen:
1. Active Date - Select the date this Recipient became active by using date picker or just enter the date manually. This is field is required.
2. Constituent ID -
the corresponding Constituent. If the Constituent is already in the system,
click the “Lookup” button to search for and select a Constituent. If the Constituent is not in the system, you can add them by clicking the
“Add New” button (for help see KB Article, Add Constituents
). The Constituent ID field will display the ID for the selected Constituent, and their name will be displayed below. Make sure you have selected the Constituent you want to designate as a Recipient.
3. Assigned To (Team Member) - Select the team member this Recipient is assigned to from the drop-down
list. If this Recipient is not assigned to a specific team member, select
4. Acquisition Source - Select
the source, the method by which this recipient became associated
with your organization, by using this drop-down list. If the acquisition source is not in the
system, you can add it by clicking the “Add New” button next to the drop-down
5. Associated Campaign - If this
client is associated with a specific campaign, select the campaign here.
6. Log First Contact - You can log your first contact with the recipient by entering the information here. Each recipient has a contact log, which can contain as many items as needed.
7. Notes - You may
also need to enter some notes about the new recipient. You can do so by
entering text here.
Each recipient has a note list, which can contain as many notes as needed.
reviewing the information entered, click the “Add New” button at the bottom to
finish. The window will close and you will find your new Recipient in the
Material Recipient list. The recipient has been added.