Argenta comes with a Lending Library. This is a great way to track items that you lend out on a regular basis. To use the Lending Library you first need to add items to your inventory in order to lend them out. Items get added to Products Inventory before they can be added to inventory.
To get started select, Products & Inventory > Products - from the left-hand side of the Argenta main menu.
This will bring you into your organizations product inventory screen where you will see all products that you have in inventory. To add an item into inventory select the "Add New" button.
This will open the Add A New Vendor Product screen.
This is where you will enter the details about your item that you will lend out. Let's go over each field in detail:
1. Vendor ID -
Every product must have a vendor. If your items are were bought for the purpose of lending out and there is no vendor for the product, then add your organization as a vendor and select your organization for the Vendor ID
for all items being lent out. For help adding your organization as a vendor please refer to KB Article - Add Vendors (for products)
This is a required field.
2. Vendor's Product Number - If there is a part/product number for the item put it here.
3. Product Name - Select a name for your product and type it here. This is a required field.
4. Product Description - Describe your product here.
5. Product Category - Use the drop-down list to select a product category for this product or use the "Add New" button to add a new category. This is a required field.
6. Product Group - Use the drop-down list to select a product group for this product or use the "Add New" button to add a new category.
7. Is This Product Currently Active - Yes or No. This is a required field.
8. Product Serial Number. - If your product has a serial number put it here. This is a great way to check that you received the correct item back.
9. Do you Resell This Product - Yes or No. This is a required field.
10. Do You Lend Out This Product - Yes or No. This is where you will select "Yes" as this is an item that will be lent out.
11. Your Cost (what you buy it for) - What do you buy the product for, type in the numeric amount. This is a required field.
12. Your Retail Price (what you sell it for) - What do you sell the product for, type in the numeric amount. This is a required field.
13. Unit of Measure - Select a unit from the drop-down list. Your options are: Each, Case, Pack, Package, Box, Pallet, Sq. Foot, Sq. Yard, Inch, Foot, Yard, Ounce, Cup, Pint, Quart, Gallon, Pound, Ton. This is a required field.
14. Par Level - This is your expected minimum inventory level that you want on hand.
15. Product Notes - Any notes about the product that you want to list.
Once all the details about your product have been filled in select the "Add This Product" button to add the product and be returned to the product inventory screen. You will repeat these steps for all of your items that you wish to lend out.
Next, you need to add a quantity to your items. So far you have created the items in inventory, now you need to add a quantity to those items.
To add a quantity to your newly created products, go to Products & Inventory > Product Inventory - from the left-hand side of the Argenta main menu.
This will open the Product Inventory screen where you will see all of your inventory listed. From here you will choose the "Add Inventory Manually" button.
This will open the inventory management screen where you can add quantities to items all in one screen at one time. To add inventory, just fill in the quantity received (QTY) for each item in the product list.
When you are finished click "Add These Items" to add the quantities and be returned to the product inventory screen.
This completes adding items to your lend out inventory. To see how to use your lending library see KB Article - Using the Lending Library