A Client/Customer is any individual, organization or household that uses your services or purchases your products.
Clients/Customers are first created as constituents in Argenta, then designated as a clients/customers. From the main menu on the left side of the screen, choose Constituents (CRM) > Clients/Customers.
This will bring you into your full list of active Clients/Customers. From here, click the “Add New” button.
This will bring up the Add A New Client/Customer by Designating A Constituent As A Client screen.
Here are the details you will need to provide:
- Active Date. Select the date the
client/customer became active, you can use the date picker or enter the date using your keyboard. This field is required.
- Constituent ID. Click the "Lookup"
button next to the Constituent ID field to select the constituent you want to
designate as a client/customer. If the constituent is not in the system, you
can add them by clicking the “Add New” button, for help adding a constituent please see KB Article - Add Constituents. This will search all your constituents and update the constituent relationship to include the client type now. The Constituent ID field
will show the ID for the selected constituent, and their name will be displayed
below that. Make sure you have selected the correct constituent.
- Client Code. If your organization
designates specific client codes, type this client’s code in here. This field is not required.
- Assigned To (Team Member). Select the team
member the client/customer is assigned to by using the "Lookup" button to search for and select the correct team member. If this Client is not
assigned to a specific team member, leave the default value; “Unassigned”. This
is not a required field.
- Department/Chapter. If the client/customer should be assigned to a specific department or chapter, use the drop-down list to select it. This is not a required field.
- Associated Campaign. If this client is associated with a specific campaign, select the campaign using the "Lookup" control. If the campaign is not in the system, you can add it by clicking the “Add New” button (for help adding a campaign please see KB Article - Add Campaigns)
- Acquisition Source. Select an acquisition source from the drop-down menu. This is how your organization originally acquired the client/customer. All drop-down lists in Argenta help to create comprehensive reports. The system comes loaded with predefined values for all of these drop-down lists called classification codes. You can change them at any time. You can add or delete them by selecting Classification Codes from the main menu.
- Preferred Payment Method. Select a preferred method type from the drop-down menu. This field is not required.
- Accepts Deliveries. If this client/customer accepts deliveries from your organization, check the Accepts Deliveries box and enter the
time range for which deliveries can be received. This is not required.
- Number of Anticipated Deliveries Per Year. You can enter the
anticipated number of deliveries the client/customer will receive per year.
This is not required.
- Log First Contact. You can enter your first contact log here. Each client/customer has a contact log, which can contain as many entries as you need. Adding a contact log item is not required.
- Notes. You can enter any notes that you would like associated to this client/customer in this field. Each client/customer has a notes section, which can contain as many notes as needed. This is not a required field. .
After reviewing the
information entered, click the “Add this Client/Customer” button to finish. The
window will close and you'll find your new client/customer in the list.