A campaign is any effort made by your organization toward completing a particular goal. Campaigns can be related to soliciting donations, generating interest for an event, attracting volunteers, or getting the word out about your mission with social media marketing. Once you create a campaign you can assign it to items like donations so you can track the progress of each campaign. Campaigns can be used for a few different things. As Fundraising
Campaigns, they can be used to create special public donation pages, to
encourage your donors to give for a specific reason. As Marketing Campaigns, they can be used to track the effectiveness of a specific marketing effort. Whichever
way you decide to use campaigns they are associated to many modules in
Argenta, and they're a very powerful reporting tool.
From the Argenta main menu on the left hand side of the screen select Sales & Marketing > Campaigns.
This will redirect you to a list of all the campaigns you have created and managed. Click the "Add New" button.
This will open the Add A New Campaign screen where you will enter the details of your campaign.
Here are the steps to enter a campaign:
1. Campaign Owner (Team Member ID) - First, enter a team member that is the campaign owner, the person responsible for the campaign. Select the lookup button, to open the search box to search and select your team member responsible for this campaign. When you select the appropriate constituent, the window will close and this field will display the ID for the constituent you have selected. This field is required.
2. Department/Chapter - Then, select a department/chapter from the drop down box. If your department/chapter is not listed you may add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
3. Start and End Date - Enter a start date, the date your campaign will begin, and an end date, the date your campaign will end. If your campaign has no beginning or end, you can leave these blank. These fields are not required.
4. Campaign Status - Select a status for your campaign. Your options are: New, In Preparation, In Progress, Ongoing, Closed/Completed, and On Hold.
5. Campaign Title - Choose a title for your Campaign. This is not a description so keep it brief. This is a required field.
6. Campaign Type - Select the type of campaign you will run. For example, you may be running a pledge drive or a fundraiser/donation. This is a required field.
7. Campaign Category - Select the category of the campaign you will run. For example, you may be running a banner ad, dinner party or a trade show. This is not a required field.
8. Final Outcome - You will leave this field at its default of *Unknown/Other or N/A as you won't know how successful the campaign is until after it is over.
9. UTM Code - If you use UTM codes to track the status of your campaigns you can enter that code here.
10. Description - Add a description for your campaign. This is an open field so there is no limit to how much text you can enter. This is not a required field.
Click the "Add This Campaign" button. The window will close and you will find your campaign in the list.