Meeting minutes keep an official account of what was done or
talked about at formal meetings, including any decisions made or actions taken.
In Argenta, you can save all of your meeting minutes and classify them by
department and category.
To get started, choose Workflow/Productivity > Meeting Minutes - from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
This will open a list of all the meeting minutes that have been posted for your organization. From here, click the "Add New" button.
This will open the Meeting
Minutes Workspace window.
Let's break the information contained on the workspace screen down by tab.
Meeting Minutes Details
1. Record Permissions - You can choose to lock the record by placing a checkmark in the "Lock This Record" box. Choosing to lock this record prevents users from viewing or updating it, unless they're either a master admin or given specific permissions on the Record Permissions tab. Permissions also work by assigning a department, district and/or precinct. If you have users in your system who are restricted by these permissions, they will only be able to see records in the departments/districts/precincts you have granted them access to.
2. Meeting Date - Enter the meeting date here. This is a required field.
3. Category - Choose a category for your meeting minutes. If one is not listed you can add a new one by clicking the "Add New" button.
4. Associated Client/Customer - If there is an associated client or customer for these minutes select them here by using the "Lookup" button to search for and select the client.
5. Title of Meeting Minutes - Enter a title for your minutes here. This must be 140 characters or less. This is a required field.
6. Department/Chapter - If the minutes are for a specific department select the department from the drop-down list. If the minutes are not related to a specific department you can leave the default of "Unassigned".
7. District - If your minutes belong to a specific district you can select the district from the drop-down list.
8. Precinct - If your minutes belong to a specific precinct you can select the precinct from the drop-down list.
Once all the details about the meeting minutes have been filled out its time to input your minutes. You can do this two different ways. One is by manually typing your minutes into the minute text box and the other is uploading your minutes by a related file. Let's look at both.
Before moving on you should save your changes. You can do this by clicking the Save Icon at the top or by clicking the "Save All Changes & Continue" button.
Meeting Minutes (Text)
This tab allows you to take minutes in a freeform text box. You simply need to Enter a Title of Meeting Minutes and you can also enter a Short Description for the meeting if you choose. Then click into the text box and start typing your minutes. This feature has most of the Word features you need to transform your text as needed.
Meeting Minutes (File(s))
If you have taken your notes in another program and have them in file format, you can attach the file here.
You can drag and drop your file(s) or use the "Browse" button to search your computer and attach them.
Individual records can be locked so only master admins and users who are listed here can view or edit them. To add user permissions for this record simply
add them here by selecting the user from the drop-down list, then click the "Add Selected User" button. This will add the user to the record permissions
and allow the user to edit and view the record.