Argenta comes with pre-loaded email templates. Email Templates are a powerful way to communicate with your
constituents. You can setup a template - one for each action listed in the email templates screen and then send those emails to constituents. When you send system generated emails these are the templates that control those emails.
There are two different ways to send templated emails. You can choose to send and email to an email list by scheduling an email or by sending now.
remind your constituents to white list argentasoftware.com so email from
your organization doesn't get stuck in their spam filters.
To edit and view your templates, select from the left-hand side of the Argenta main menu, Argenta Mail Room.
This will bring you into the Mail Room. From here you will select the "Email Templates" button.
This will bring you into all the templates you can customize. From here you can select the template you want to edit by selecting the corresponding "Edit Template" button in front of the template name. This will open up the template.
This is where you will edit your template. Lets take a look at these fields:
- From Email Address. The email address you enter here will be shown as the from address when the recipient opens the email.
- Include A Greeting. Place a checkmark here if you wish to include a greeting.
- Greeting. When a checkmark is placed in the "Include A Greeting" box this will allow whatever greeting message you type here to be included in your email.
- Field. Select how you would like the emails addressed, your options are First Name, Full Name, or Prefix + Last Name.
- Email Body. This is where you will type your message. This runs much like a word document and has most of the formatting elements from word. You will format and create the email as you want it worded in this section.
Once all of this has been filled in your template is ready to use. You can use this template or continue editing other templates until you have all the templates worded and formatted as you want them. As discussed earlier there are two ways to send templated emails.
Send Right Now:
To send an email to a list right now click the "Choose An Email List & Send Right Now" button.
This will open the Select A Mail List Screen.
From here you will type in the name of your list that you already created, or search for your list using the "Select From List" button. To select the list click the pink check mark behind the list:
This will select the email list. Next, click the "Let's Do this!" button.
This will send the templated email to your list.
Schedule An Email To Be Sent:
You may also choose to schedule your email. to schedule an email to be sent click the "Choose An Email List & Schedule An Email To Be Sent" button. This will open the Schedule Email screen.
From here you will click the calendar and time popups to select a date and time to send your email.
Once you have the date and time selected, you will select the email list you want the emails sent to. Type in the name of your list that you already created, or search for your list using the "Select From List" button. To select the list click the pink check mark behind the list:
This will select the email list. You can also see the exact date and time the email is set to go out. Next, click the "Let's Do this!" button.
This will send the templated email to your list on the date and time of your choosing.