The volunteer positions list is a list of each volunteer position you have in your organization, whether filled or open. You can see at a glance, which positions you have open that need to be filled. Volunteer positions clarify the credentials and responsibilities of your organization’s volunteer members.
To use Volunteer Positions in Argenta, use the main menu on the left-hand side and select Volunteerism > Volunteer Positions.
This will open the Volunteer Positions window which lists all your volunteer positions. From here click the "Add New" button.
This will open the Add A Volunteer Position window.
Here you will fill out all the details about your volunteer position:
- Current Availability. Position is open or filled.
- Full or Part Time. Select whether the position is full or part time. This is a require field.
- Volunteer Position/Job Title. This is a required field.
- Volunteer ID. Your volunteer must already be a constituent in Argenta. Search for and select the volunteer you are adding to this position. For help adding a new volunteer please see KB article - Add Volunteers. This is a required field.
- Manager ID (Team Member). You must designate a team member that is the manager over this position. This is a required field.
- Department/Chapter. Select one if applicable, this is not a required field.
- District. Select one if applicable, this is not a required field.
- Precinct. Select one if applicable, this is not a required field.
- Job Description. This is a free-form field where you can type in all the details about the position as needed. This is not a required field.
Once all fields have been complete click the "Add This Volunteer Position" button to add the position and be returned to your complete Volunteer Position listing.