A Volunteer is any individual, organization or
household who belongs to your organization by volunteering. Volunteers are
first created as constituents in Argenta and then assigned as volunteers.
To get started, choose either Constituents or Volunteerism >
Volunteers - from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
This will bring you into your organization full list of Volunteers. From here, click the "Add New" button.
This will open the Add A New Volunteer by Designating A Constituent As A Volunteer screen.
Here you will need to fill out the details of your new Volunteer. Let's take a look at each field in detail:
1. Active Date - Enter an active date for your volunteer. You can do so manually or by using the date selector. By default it will b displayed as the current date. This field is required.
2. Constituent ID - Select the "lookup" button to search for and select a constituent to designate as a volunteer. This field is required.
3. Will this volunteer act as a team member? - Yes or No.
4. Is this a student volunteer? - Yes or No.
5. Department/Chapter - If this volunteer belongs to a specific department or chapter please select the appropriate one from the drop-down list. If a department of chapter is not listed you can add a new one by clicking the "Add New" button.
6. Volunteer Category - Select a category from the drop-down list. If the department or chapter is not listed you can add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
7. Acquisition Source - Select the source, how the volunteer because a volunteer for you, from the drop-down list. If the appropriate source is not listed you can add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
8. Associated Campaign - If this volunteer is associated to a specific campaign, you can associate them here by clicking the "Lookup" button. This allows you to search for and select the campaign. If the appropriate campaign is not listed you can add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
9. Log First Contact - You can log your first contact with your new volunteer here.
10. Notes on This Volunteer - You can add any notes to this volunteer here.
Once all the details about your new volunteer have been filled in, select the "Add This Volunteer" button to add the new volunteer. You will be returned to your list of Volunteers.