A Volunteer Group is an organized group of volunteers who belong
to your organization. They are grouped together for a specific purpose.
To get started,
choose Volunteerism > Volunteer Groups - from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
This will open your Volunteer Group list. From here, click the “Add New” button.
This will open the Volunteer
Group Workspace screen.
Here is where you need to enter the details about your new group. Let's take a look at each field and tab in detail:
1. Record Permissions - You can choose to lock the record by placing a checkmark in the "Lock This Record" box. Choosing to lock this record prevents users from viewing or updating it, unless they're either a master admin or given specific permissions on the Record Permissions tab. Permissions also work by assigning a department, district and/or precinct. If you have users in your system who are restricted by these permissions, they will only be able to see records in the departments/districts/precincts you have granted them access to.
2. Group Name - Enter a name for your new group. This field is required.
3. Group Description - You can enter a group description here.
4. Active Date - Enter an active date for the group by manually enter a date or by using the date selector. This field is required.
5. Group Status - By default the status will be Active. You can change to Inactive if needed. This field is required.
6. Staff Member Sponsor/Owner - Select the staff member responsible for this group from the drop-down list.
7. Group Category - You can categorize this group by selecting a category from the drop-down list.
8. Department/Chapter - If this group belongs to a specific department or chapter please select the appropriate one from the drop-down list.
9. District - If this group belongs to a specific district please select the appropriate one from the drop-down list.
10. Precinct - If this group belongs to a specific precinct please select the appropriate one from the drop-down list.
11. Budget Amount - Enter a budget amount for your group here.
12. Budget Term - If the group has a budget you can select the budget term from the drop-down list.
Now is a great time to save your changes before moving on. If you are done with the group you can click the "Save All Changes & Exit" button to save your group and be returned to your volunteer group listing. If you are not done with the group, click the Save Icon from the top or the "Save All Changes & Continue" button to continue working with your group.
Additionally, you can add any related files or notes to this group.
For help adding a related file please refer to KB Article - Add Related Files.
For help adding a note please refer to KB Article - Add A Note to the Notes Section.
Volunteer Group Members
This tab allows you to add members to the group. To add a new volunteer to the group, click the "Add New" button.
This will open the Add A Volunteer To Group screen.
Here is where you will need to enter the details of the new group member:
1. Volunteer ID - Select the "Lookup" button to search for and select your new group member. This field is required.
2. Active Date - By default this will show the current date. You can change it by manually typing in a date or by using the date selector. This field is required.
3. Role in The Group - Assign the participant a role in the group. Your options are: Group Leader, Group Treasurer, Group Secretary, Facilitator, Instructor, Participant, Coordinator. This field is required.
Once you have entered the above details for your new group member, click the "Add This Group Member" button. This will add your member and return you to the Volunteer Group Members tab where you can add another member or carry on to the next tab.
Individual records can be locked so only master admins and users who are listed here can view or edit them. To add user permissions for this record simply add them here by selecting the user from the drop-down list,
then click the "Add Selected User" button. This will add the user to the record permissions and allow the user to edit and view the record.