Argenta has a project
management system built in to help you plan and manage your projects. While projects
can be chaotic, using a tool to help organize all your tasks, files, notes and
information in one place can help control the process.
To Add A Project
To get started, select Workflow/Productivity > Projects - From the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
This will redirect you to
the Active Projects screen where all your projects will be listed.
From here, click the "Add New"
button to create a new Project.
This will open up the Project Workspace screen.
Any field with a pink asterisk * indicates a required field
that must be completed before the project can be submitted. There are quite a few required fields and details for the project. Let's look in detail at each field and tab here:
1. Project Permissions - Choosing to lock by department allows only users with permissions for
the selected department to view this project. Choosing to lock by team
allows only the primary and subsequent team members listed below to view
this project. Choosing both allows users with permissions to the
selected department and any assigned team members.
2. Project Title - Enter a title for your project here. This is a required field.
3. Description - Enter a description for your project here.
4. Assigned To (Team Member) - Assign a member of your team as the primary owner for this project. Team members in Argenta are users, staff, board members and volunteers who are designated as acting staff.
5. Department/Chapter - If this project belongs to a specific department or chapter please select the appropriate one from the drop-down list.
6. District - If this project belongs to a specific district please select it from the drop-down list.
7. Precinct - If this project belongs to a specific precinct please select it from the drop-down list.
8. Projects Current Status - Select a status from the drop-down list. The status field is important as it carries the project through its life-cycle. Typically, when you enter a project it is "New", but another status code may apply. Status codes options are: New, Pending Initial Approval, Approved/In Spec, Assigned, In Process, Waiting On Client, In Testing/QA, Needs final Approval, On Hold, Completed or Cancelled/Void. This is a required field.
9. Priority - Choose a priority from the drop down list. This is a required field.
10. Project Budget - Enter a projected budget number here.
11. Date of Project Request - Enter
the date the project was requested or created here. This
field is required.
12. Desired Due Date - Enter
the date the requester or project initiator would like to have the project
completed by here. This may not be the final due date, but a
projection. This is a required field.
13. Actual Due Date - Enter
the actual due date here. This can be the same as the desired due date or different. The actual due date can be changed in the Project Workspace after the
project has been entered. This is a required field.
14. Completion Date - If the
project you're entering is already complete you can enter a completion date,
otherwise leave it blank.
15. Project Work Start Date - Enter the date that the project work will start. This is a required field.
16. Projected Work End Date - Enter the date that you project your work will end on this project. This is a required field.
17. Projected # of Work Hours - Enter the number of hours that you think this project will take. This is a required field.
18. Actual # of Work Hours - Once the project is completed enter the number of hours it took to complete the project here. This is a required field.
19. % Of Project Completed - This is the project progress meter. It adjusts based on the project task list and how many tasks are marked as complete.
20. Is This A Client Project? - Yes or No. If your project has related client billing, choose YES.
21. Select the Associated Client - If the project is related to a client, choose
the client from the drop-down list.
22. Is Project Billable To The Client? - Yes or No.
23. Client's Hourly Rate - Enter the clients hourly rate here.
This is a great place to stop and save your changes. If you are done with the project you can select the "Save & Exit" button. If you wish to continue working in the project workspace, click the "Save & Continue button or the Save Icon from the top.
You can attach any related files or notes to this project by using the related files and notes section below.
In addition to the details you have entered, there are four other tabs across the top that allow you to build a Project Task List, Project Team, have Team Discussions and create Project Check Lists:
Lets explore each of these tabs in detail:
Project Task List
This tab allows you to add tasks and assign tasks to your team members. You can also itemize your mileage and hours worked to a specific task. To add a task click the "Add New" button. This will add a new task for you to fill out the details of. Each task will have these fields for you to fill out:
- Task Is Assigned To
- $ Per Mile
- Work Hours
- Work Start Date
- Billable Hours
- Due Date
- Hourly Rate
- Date Completed
Enter the task's details then click the Save Icon to save your task. You can enter as many tasks as needed for your project.
This tab allows you to build your team and set roles for the project. To add a new team member simply click the "Add New" button and the Add A Project Team Member screen will open. Use the "Lookup" button to search for an select your team member, then enter the total amount of hours you anticipate this team member to work. Enter the role for your team member last and click the "Add This Team Member" button to add the team member in this tab. You can add as many team members as you need for the project.
You can keep all discussion about the project right inside the project on this tab. To start a team discussion simply select the "Start A Discussion" button. Select a category for the discussion and start typing up your discussion in the freeform text box. Then click the "Start This Discussion" button.
Project Check Lists
This tab allows you to create checklists for your project. To create a checklist, select the "Add New" button. This will add a new checklist line. Name the checklist and click the Save Icon. Then open you checklist by using the corresponding Open Icon for the checklist you wish to add items to. The checklist will open and you will select the "Add New" button to add a new line in the checklist. You can add as many checklists and lines to a checklist as needed for the project.