Argenta allows you to track all your products and has an inventory management system build into it. This is a way to keep of all your items. You can place orders that update your inventory, lend out items, sell your items and Argenta will keep track of everything. To use the inventory system you first must have products.
This will bring you into your organizations Products inventory screen where you will see all products that you have in inventory. Each product you have entered into the products section will be display here. To add an item into inventory select the "Add New" button.
This will open the Add A New Vendor Product screen.
This is where you will enter the details about your product. Let's go over each field in detail:
1. Vendor ID.
This is the vendor that you are purchasing your products from. Select the "Lookup" button to search for and select the vendor you are purchasing the product from. If the vendor is not listed you can add them by selecting the 'Add New" button. For help on adding a new vendor please refer to KB Article - Add Vendors
. This is a required field.
2. Vendor's Product Number - This is the vendors product/part number for the item.
3. Product Name -Enter a name for your product here. This is a required field.
4. Product Description - Describe your product here.
5. Product Category - Use the drop-down list to select a category for this product or use the "Add New" button to add a new category. This is a required field.
6. Product Group - Use the drop-down list to select a group for this product or use the "Add New" button to add a new group.
7. Is This Product Currently Active - Yes or No. This is a required field.
8. Product Serial Number - If your product has a serial number list it here.
9. Do you Resell This Product - Yes or No. This is a required field.
10. Do You Lend Out This Product. - Yes or No. This is a required field.
11. Your Cost (what you buy it for) - Enter the amount that you pay for the product here. This is a required field.
12. Your Retail Price (what you sell it for) - Enter the amount that you sell the product for here. This is a required field.
13. Unit of Measure - Your options are: Each, Case, Pack, Package, Box, Pallet, Sq. Foot, Sq. Yard, Inch, Foot, Yard, Ounce, Cup, Pint, Quart, Gallon, Pound, Ton. This is a required field.
14. Par Level - Enter your expected minimum inventory level that you want on hand here.
15. Product Notes - You can add any notes about the product that you want to here.
Once all the details about your product have been filled in select the "Add This Product" button to add the product and be returned to the product inventory screen.