Argenta allows you to track all your products and has an inventory management system build into it. This is a way to keep all track of all your items. You can place orders that update your inventory, you can lend out items, and you can sell your items and Argenta will keep track of it all. To use the inventory system you first must have products.
To add products select from the left-hand side main menu, Products and Inventory > Products.
This will bring you into your organizations product inventory screen where you will see all products that you have in inventory. Each product you have entered into the products section will be display here. To add an item into inventory select the "Add New" button.
This will open the Add A New Vendor Product screen.
This is where you will enter the details about your product. Let's go over the fields:
- Vendor ID. This is the vendor that you are purchasing your products from. Select the "Lookup" button to search for and select the vendor you are purchasing from. If the vendor is not listed you can add them by selecting the 'Add New" button. For help on adding a new vendor please refer to KB Article - Add Vendors. This is a required field.
- Vendor's Product Number. This is the vendors product/part number for the item.
- Product Name. Select a name for your product and type it here. This is a required field.
- Product Description. Describe your product here.
- Product Category. Use the drop-down menu and select a product category for this product or use the "Add New" button to add a new category. This is a required field.
- Product Group. Use the drop-down menu and select a product group for this product or use the "Add New" button to add a new category.
- Is This Product Currently Active. Yes or No. This is a required field.
- Product Serial Number. If your product has a serial number put it here.
- Do you Resell This Product. Yes or No. This is a required field.
- Do You Lend Out This Product. Yes or No. This is a required field.
- Your Cost (what you buy it for). What do you buy the product for, type in the numeric amount. This is a required field.
- Your Retail Price (what you sell it for). What do you sell the product for, type in the numeric amount. This is a required field.
- Unit of Measure. Options are Each, Case, Pack, Package, Box, Pallet, Sq. Foot, Sq. Yard, Inch, Foot, Yard, Ounce, Cup, Pint, Quart, Gallon, Pound, Ton. This is a required field.
- Par Level. This is your expected minimum inventory level that you want on hand.
- Product Notes. Any notes about the product that you want to list.
Once all the details about your product have been filled in select the "Add This Product" button to add the product and be returned to the product inventory screen.