Argenta has a built in section for your employees to request paid time off and for you to track and approve the requests.
To use the Paid Time Off Requests in Argenta simply, select Staff & HR > Paid Time Off Requests - from the Argenta Main menu on the left-hand side:
This opens your organization's Paid Time Off Request screen. This shows you every entered paid time off request. From here you will select the "Add New" button:
This opens the Paid Time Off Request Workspace:
This workspace has two tabs of information. Let's cover each tab and field found in this workspace:
1. PTO Request Details tab:
This tab holds the details of the Paid Time Off request. To request time off enter these fields:
- Record Level Permissions - Set As View Only - Placing a checkmark in this box restricts this
record to view-only access unless the user is the user who created the record,
the user is a master admin, or the user is given specific permission to modify
this record on the Record Permissions tab of this
- Record Level Permissions - Lock This Record - Placing a checkmark in this box
locks this record so that users cannot view or update the record unless
the user is the user who created the record, the user is a master admin,
or the user is given specific permission to access this record on
the Record Permissions tab of this record.
- Staff Member - Select the staff member that this time off is request for by using the drop-down list. This is a required field.
- Request Category - Select a category for the time off using the drop-down list. Options are: Bereavement, Jury Duty, Medical Leave, Personal Leave, Vacation. If an applicable category is not listed you can add a new one by clicking the Add New icon.
- Status of Request -The status can only be changed during the approval process. If you're
this team member's manager, you can approve this paid time off request
by checking the I Approve This Time Off Request box below. Only
the team member's manager should approve a time off request. This action
is logged and Argenta knows who took the action.
- Total Hours (#) - By default this is set to 8, but it can be changed by typing in the number of hours for the time off request. This is a required field.
- Start Date of Time Off - Enter the start date for the time off by manually entering a date or by using the date selector. This is a required field.
- End Date of Time Off - Enter the end date for the time off by manually entering a date or by using the date selector. This is a required field.
- Time Off Reason or Additional Information - Enter a reason for the request or any other additional details about the request you wish to include.
- I Approve This Request - Only the team member's manager can approve this paid time off
request by checking the box and selecting their name from the drop down
list. This action is logged and Argenta knows who took the action for auditing purposes.
- Approved by Manager - The team members manager should select their name from this drop-down list as the person who is approving the time off request.
- Approved Date - The team members manager should manually enter a date or use the date selector to enter the date this request has been approved.
- Related Files - Like all other modules and sections in Argenta, you can also add an
unlimited number of related files to this request. If you need help adding a file please see our
other KB Article - Add
Related Files. Make sure to save your changes first before adding related files. If
you would like to add any related files to this request you can do so here.
Simply click the "Browse" button to search for and select a file from
your computer or drag and drop the file into the "Drag & Drop File
- Notes - If you would like to add any notes to the request you do so in the Notes section. If you need help adding notes please see our other KB Article - Add A Note to the Notes Section. To add a note, click the "Add Note" button. This will open the "Add A New Note" screen where you can type a note. Click the "Save & Add This Note" button to save the note and be returned to your paid time off request workspace.
Once these details have been entered click the "Save All Changes & Continue" button or the Save
icon from the top before moving on.
2. Record Permissions tab:
This tab controls the record permissions for the Request.
2. A. View Only Access:
Sometimes you want users to be able to view a record but block them from modifying that record. Individual records can be set to View Only so only master admins and users who are listed here, can edit them. To grant users permission to modify this record simply add them here. Select a user from the "Select A User To Add" drop-down menu then click the "Add Selected User" button to add the user to the view-only access permissions.
2. B. Locked Record Access:
Individual records can be locked so only master admins and users who are listed here can view or edit them. To grant users permission for this record simply add them here. Select a user from the "Select A User To Add" drop-down menu, then click the "Add Selected User" button to add a user to the locked record access permissions.