Argenta allows for separate tracking of your member payments.
To enter a Member Payment, select General Financials > Member Payments or Membership > Member Payments - from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side.
This will open the complete listing of your organizations Member Payments. From here, select the "Add New" button.
This will open the Member Payment Workspace screen.
Here is where you will enter all the details about your member payment. Let's take a look at each field in detail:
1. Record Permissions - You can choose to lock the record by placing a checkmark in the "Lock This Record" box. Choosing to lock this record prevents users from viewing or updating it, unless they're either a master admin or given specific permissions on the Record Permissions tab. Permissions also work by assigning a department, district and/or precinct. If you have users in your system who are restricted by these permissions, they will only be able to see records in the departments/districts/precincts you have granted them access to.
2. Add Payment to the General Journal - If this transaction needs to hit your General Journal as a deposit click the checkbox to add this payment as an individual transaction in the General Journal. Proceed to fill out the associated Fund, Deposit/Checking Account and Account for the transaction.
3. Member ID - Select a Member that is giving you the payment. This is required. You must have the person added as a Member and not just a constituent. Select the "Lookup" button to search for and select your member. Once a member is selected their name will appear under the Member ID field. Please ensure you have selected the correct member for your transaction.
4. Payment Date - Enter a date for the transaction by manually typing it our using the date selector. This is a required field.
5. Amount Paid - Enter an amount paid for the transaction. This is a required field.
6. Was A Receipt Given - Yes or No.
7. Payment Point of Entry - Select the payment point of entry from the drop-down menu.
8. Payment Type - Select the payment type from the drop-down list.
9. Check/PO/Reference Number - You can enter a check, PO, or reference number here.
10. Member Payment Category - Select the category for the payment from the drop-down list.
11. Associated Department/Chapter - If this payment is related to a department or chapter select it from the drop-down list. If a department or chapter is not listed you can add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
12. Is Recurring? - Yes or No.
13. Recurrence Frequency - If the payment is recurring you can select the frequency here.
14. Auto Input Recurring Payments - If the payment is recurring and you want the payment automatically input you will select yes.
15. Related Merchant Fee Expense - If this payment was made with a credit card and has an associated merchant fee expense, it will display here and can be opened by clicking the 'Open Fee Expense' button.
16. Related Invoice - If this payment was made toward an existing invoice, it will display
here and can be opened by clicking the 'Open Invoice' button.
In addition to the payment, you will also find any refunds for this payment listed on this screen.
To issue a refund for this payment, simply click the "Issue A Refund" button and proceed to fill out the details of the refund.
You can also attach any related files or notes to this payment as needed by using these two sections as shown. For help adding a related note please refer to KB Article - Add Related Files
. For help adding a note please refer to KB Article - Add A Note to the Notes Section
Once all of the details about you payment have been entered click the "Save All Changes & Exit" button to add this payment and return to the complete member payments listing for your organization. Or if you are not done, click the "Save all Changes & Continue" button or the Save Icon at the top of the screen to continue on to the permissions tab.
Individual records can be locked so only master admins and users who are listed here can view or edit them. To add user permissions for this record simply
add them here by selecting the user from the drop-down list, then click the "Add Selected User" button.
This will add the user to the record permissions and allow the user to edit and view the record.