exist to support and raise funds, and in some cases Materials, for a specific
purpose. A donation is a gift made by an individual, household or organization
to a nonprofit. Argenta has a Donation Management System built in to help you
track and run reports on your material donations.
To Add A Material
Donation Into Argenta
From the Argenta main
menu on the left-hand side of the screen choose Donations and Grants >
Click the "Add New" button.
This will redirect you to the Add A
Material Donation screen.
This is where you will enter the details about your donation. Lets take a look at the fields:
- Date of Donation. You can manually enter a date or use the date selector. This is a required field.
- Total Approx. Value. Put an approximate value for the item being donated.
- Receipt Was Given. Yes or No.
- Donor ID. Choose "Lookup" to search for and select the donor who is donating the item. This is a required field.
- Donation Description. You can describe the item in detail here.
- Department/Chapter. If this item belongs to a specific department or was received due to a departments efforts select the department/chapter from the drop-down menu. You can add a new one if the department/chapter is not listed.
- Donation Category. Use the drop-down menu to select the correct category for the item. You can add a new one if the correct category is not listed.
- Associated Campaign. If this item was brought in by a campaign effort use the drop-down menu to select it or create a new one if the correct one is not listed.
- Associated Event. If the item was brought in by a specific event use the drop-down menu to select it or create a new one if the correct one is not listed.
Once all of these fields have been filled out you have two options: Add the Donation and Enter Items or Add The Donation and Exit the Record. These two options are for adding the donated item into your inventory or not adding it into your inventory.
To add the item into your inventory so that you may distribute the item at a later time you will choose the "Add Donation & Enter Items" button.
This will bring up the Add Items to Donation Screen.
On this screen you will use the drop down menu to select the items that you are entering into inventory. Simply select your item from the drop down menu and then click "Add The Selected Item" to add the item. If your item is not listed you may enter a new item by selecting the "Add A New Item (Item Not Found) button. If there are multiple items you will keep selecting and Adding them until you have completed the full list of items. Once all of your items are added you need to add quantities for the items. Simply fill in the QTY Donated field with the amount of each item you received. Make sure to click the save icon
behind each line item to save it. Once all the quantities have been entered and saved you will select the "Complete Item Entry" button to add the items and be returned to your complete listing of material donations.
If you do not wish to add your item into inventory for later distribution then you will select the "Add Donation & Exit Record" button to simply log the donation but not put the item into inventory.