Volunteer tasks can be grouped together for display on your public volunteer task calendar. This article explains how to create a volunteer task group and assign tasks to the group.
Create A Volunteer Task Group
From the Argenta main menu on the right side of the screen select Volunteer Management > Volunteer Task Groups
This will redirect you to the Volunteer Task Group List. To add a new task group, click the "Add New" button above the list.
A volunteer task group will be created, and the details page for the new group will come up.
- If you would like the group to display on your public volunteer task calendar check the Display Related Tasks on the Public Calendar check box.
- Enter a title for your task group. The title will display at the top of your group page on the volunteer task calendar, so it's important to choose a good title. The title can be a maximum of 140 characters.
the small calendar icon to change the start date and/or click the small clock icon to change the start
time. You can do the same for the end date and time.This is the date and time range for the entire group of tasks. So for example, if you have a week long event, each task is scheduled individually and the event has a start and end time for the event itself.
- If the task group has a single point of contact, the contact should be one of your constituents.
- To select the constituent click the "Lookup" button in the Task Group Organizer field.
- This will bring up a window that allows you to search for and select the contact.
- When the contact is selected, the window will close and the field will display the ID and the name of the constituent you selected.
- If your organization uses Departments/Divisions, Districts and/or precincts you can update the corresponding fields.
Volunteer Task Groups on the public calendar, have a space at the top of the page for any details and/or images you'd like to display. The details screen includes a word processing interface to allow you to design your own top-section. Add as much content as you would like to build your own calendar header.
next section contains all the fields pertaining to the location of the grouped tasks.
- If all your tasks will take place at the same location, fill in the location fields.
- If the tasks take place at different locations, you'll need to add the location to each task.
- ** The location from the task group is always the location that appears the public task calendar. It takes precedent over the location listed in the individual task. **
the "Save All Changes & Continue" button to save your changes and
keep updating the task group. This is important if you plan to add files or
- Click the "Save All Changes & Exit" button to save your changes and return to the Volunteer Task Group List.
the "Copy & Add New" button to copy all the task group details and create
a new task group. Remember to save any changes you've made first.
- Click the "Cancel & Exit" button to discard any changes you've made and return to the Volunteer Task Group List.
As with any details page in Argenta you can add
an endless number of related files and make as many notes as you need.
Use the corresponding sections at the bottom of the page.