Funds is a way to classify your restricted and unrestricted funds. You can create funds that are for specific purposes so you have clear reporting of those funds.
To get started, choose General Financials > Funds - from the main menu on the left-hand side.
This will bring you into your organizations list of funds. From here, click the "Add New" button.
This will open the Add A New Fund screen...
From here you will fill in the details of your Fund:
1. Fund Type - Select a type from the drop-down list. There are four types: Unrestricted, Temporarily Restricted, Permanently Restricted, or Designated. This is a required field.
2. Fund Category - Select a category from the drop-down list. There are five types: Agency Funds, Current Funds, Custodial Funds, Non-Current Funds, and Scholarships. This is a required field.
3. Fund Name - Enter a name for your fund. This is a required field.
4. Description - You can enter a description for your fund.
5. Starting Balance - You can enter a starting balance for the fund.
Once all the fund details have been filled out, click "Add This Fund." This will take you back to the fund listing and show your newly created fund.