Argenta gives you an easy way to request a reimbursement from a purchase. Once you input an expense request an email is then sent to the system admin and the financial notification person on record. This will alert them there is an expense reimbursement that is awaiting approval. There is a built in form to request a reimbursement in Argenta.
To get started, choose Staff and Human Resources > Expense Reimbursement Request - from the main menu on the left-hand side.
This will open the Expense Reimbursement Request Form window. From here you will fill out the details of your reimbursement.
Let's explore all the details you can fill out:
- Date of Purchase - This is the date you purchased the item(s). You can manually enter a date or use the date selector. This is a required field.
- Department/Chapter - If this expense belongs to a specific department or chapter please select the appropriate one from the drop-down menu.
- Expense Category - Choose the appropriate expense category for the item by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- Expense Description - Type in an appropriate description for the item(s). This is a required field
- Constituent Payee - The Constituent Payee is the person receiving payment for this expense.
Constituent Payees can be any constituent in your Argenta System. Anyone
can be a payee. This is a required field.
- Team Member (purchase by) - This will default to the user who is signed in. You can change this by selecting the "Lookup" button and searching for and selecting the person who purchase the item(s). This is a required field.
- Total Cost of All Items - Type in the total cost of the reimbursement of the item(s). This is a required field.
- Payment Type - Select how the purchase was paid for by using the drop-down menu and selecting the type.
- Check/PO/Reference Number - Enter a check number or PO for the purchase if applicable.
- Is This Expense Recurring - Yes or No.
- Recurrence Frequency - Options are Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly or Annually.
- Auto Input Recurring Expense - If the expense is recurring and you want the expense automatically input you will select yes.
- Related Campaign - If the expense is related to a campaign select the campaign by using the drop-down menu.
- Related Event - If the expense is related to an event select the event by using the drop-down menu.
- Related Project - If the expense is related to a project select the project by using the drop-down menu.
- Receipt File - You may attach the receipt for approval by using the "Browse" button and searching for and selecting the scanned copy of the receipt.
- Notes - You may add any notes to the request by typing them in this field.
Once all the details about your expense have been entered click the "Submit Expense Reimbursement Request" button to add the request and be returned to the Expense Reimbursement window.