A board member is an individual who is part of an organization’s governing body. Board members are first created as constituents in Argenta and then assigned as board members.
To add a new board member, choose Constituents > Board Members - from the main menu on the left side of the screen.
This will direct you to the Active Board Member list. Click the “Add New” button.
This will direct you to the Add A New Board Member screen.
- Constituent ID. To avoid duplicates in your database, choose the lookup button next to the Constituent ID filed to search the database (all your constituents) for the individual that you are wanting to create as a new board member. Type in the name or partial name to search for the individual, you can hit enter to search or select "Select From List." (eg: Jane Doe or Jane) If your person is in the database as a Constituent you will select this individual by selecting the pink checkbox behind their name .
*If your person is not in the database you can choose "Add New" to enter them in. See KB article Add Constituents
- Board Member Category. Select a category from the drop-down menu. Your options are: Current Board Member, Former Board Member, and Honorary Board Member.
- Term Start Date. Enter a term start date here. You can enter a date either by manually typing a date in or by using the date selector. This is a required field.
- Term End Date. Enter a term end date if necessary. You can enter a date either by manually typing a date in or by using the date selector. This is not a required field.
- Position On the Board. Enter a title for the board position in this field. This is not a required field.
To finish adding this Constituent as a Board Member, click the "Add Board Member" button on the bottom and this will save your board member and take you back to your Board Member list.