The Argenta Mission Trip Module can be used to keep track of Mission Trips you provide for other organizations, households, or individuals.
To add a new Mission Tri
p, select Mission Projects & Trips > Mission Trip List
- from the main menu on the left side of the screen.
Next click the "Add New" button above the Mission Trip List
This will take you to the Add A New Mission Trip
The Mission Trip Add Screen is divided into tabs. The first tab, Mission Trip Details is where you'll start. You must enter all of the required information before continuing to the other tabs, but you should enter as much information as possible on this screen before moving forward.
Argenta displays information about when and who is creating the record at the top of the screen. This feature provides a user audit functionality to help you with training and communication in your organization.
Steps To Add A Mission Trip
- Record Permissions. Choosing to lock this record prevents users from viewing or updating it, unless they're either a master admin or given specific permissions on the Record Permissions tab. Permissions also work by assigning a department, district and/or precinct. If you have users in your system who are restricted by these permissions, they will only be able to see records in the departments/districts/precincts you have granted them access to.
- Allow Enrollment. Checking the Allow Enrollment check box opens enrollment for the Mission Trip you're creating. You may choose to leave the mission trip closed for enrollment during the planning stages, or before you want to open registration.
3. Mission Trip Title. You must provide a title for the mission trip by entering it here. This is required and must contain 50 or fewer characters.
4. Status. Mission Trips in Argenta go through a status cycle from new through complete. Use the Status drop-down list to choose where the Mission Trip will begin in the status cycle.
5. Mission Trips Type. Types are created and maintained in a separate section of the Mission Trip Module. If you would like to assign a Mission Trip Type select it from the drop-down list.
6. Mission Trip Code. If you have a code or number you use to identify your mission trips, you can enter it here.
7. Department/Chapter. If the Mission Trip is related to a specific department or chapter in your organization, you can select it from the drop-down list.
8. Start Date, Start Time, End Date, End Time. Enter times by using the date/time picker or by manually filling in the date/times. These fields are required.
8. Mission Trip Location and Mission Trip Country. Enter a location and country into these fields. These fields are not required but are used in many places to help with reporting and searching.
9. Spoken language. If the trip is outside of the US and a different language is spoken in the target country, you can indicate the language spoken here. This field is not required.
10. Mission Trip Contact (Team Member). If a team member from your organization will act as the contact for a mission trip, you can use the Mission Trip Contact field to assign the trip to that team member. Simply click the "Lookup" button in the field to designate the appropriate team member. This field is not required.
11. Brand Name. If you sell mission trips under a brand name, you can enter the name here. This field is not required.
12. Mission Trip Price.
13. Target Age Range. If your mission trip is targeted toward a specific age range you can specify this using this field. Target Age Range is considered a classification code. Argenta comes loaded with common target ages to help you get started, but you can change them at any time. You can add or delete any classification code by selecting Classification Codes from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
14. Category. You may choose to assign a category to your mission trip for reporting and filtering purposes. You can use the "Category" field for this. Categories are considered a classification code. Argenta comes loaded with common mission trip categories to help you get started, but you can change them at any time. You can add or delete any classification code by selecting Classification Codes
from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
You can also add a new target age range or category right from this screen by choosing the corresponding "Add New" button. This will pop-up a window to add the classification code then display the new code in the
15. The next row reflects the current statistics for the Mission Trip...
- Min. Participants. If the mission trip requires a minimum number of participants enter the number here.
- Max. Participants. If the mission trip has a maximum number of participants enter the number here.
- Enrolled, Available, and Wait List are all determined by the number of enrollments and wait-listed participants you have entered in the enrollment section. These fields are read-only and cannot be changed manually. They will change accordingly as your enrollments change.
- Reserve Block. If you would like to decrease the number of available slots because you want to reserve them without an actual enrollment you can enter the number of slots you would like to reserve here.
16. If you do enter a reserve block, you may want to make a note about it. You can enter a reason and some notes in the Reserve Block Reason
17. Mission Trip General Description. If you would like to provide an overall description for the Mission Trip you can enter it in the Mission Trip General Description field (shown above).
18. Cancel Date and Cancel Reason. If the Mission Trip
gets canceled for some reason you should enter a Cancel Date and Reason
using the corresponding fields (shown below).
This is where you should save all your changes before moving on to the next section. You can do so by selecting the Save Icon at the top or the "Save All Changes & Continue" button shown below.
Like all other modules and sections in Argenta, you can also add an unlimited number of files and/or notes to this Mission Trip
. Make sure you save your changes first before adding notes and/or files.
If you have followed all of these steps, you have successfully added your first Mission Trip in Argenta.