The Argenta Mission Trip Module can be used to keep track of Mission Trips you provide for other organizations, households or individuals. To add a new Mission Trip, select Events and Programs > Mission Trip List
- from the main menu on the left side of the screen.
Next click the "Add New" button above the Mission Trip List
This will take you to the "Add A New Mission Trip" screen...
The Mission Trip Add Screen is divided into tabs. The first tab, "mission trip details" is where you'll start. You must enter all of the required information before continuing to the other tabs, but you should enter as much information as possible on this screen before moving forward.
Argenta displays information about when and who is creating the record at the top of the screen. This feature provides a user audit functionality to help you with training and communication in your organization.
Steps To Add A Mission Trip
- Checking the Allow Enrollment check box opens enrollment for the Mission Trip you're creating. You may choose to leave the mission trip closed for enrollment during the planning stages, or before you want to open registration.
- If the Mission Trip is related to a specific department or chapter in your organization, you can select it from the "Department/Chapter" drop down list.
- Mission Trips in Argenta go through a status cycle from New through Complete. Use the "Status" drop down list to choose where the Mission Trip will begin in the status cycle.
- Mission Trips Types are created and maintained in a separate section of the Mission Trip Module. If you would like to assign a Mission Trip Type select it from the "Mission Trip Type" drop down list.
- If you have a code or number you use to identify your mission trips, you can enter the corresponding code in the "Mission Trip Code" field.
- You must provide a title for the mission trip by entering it into the "Mission Trip Title" field. This is required and must contain 50 or less characters.
- Enter a Start Date, Start Time, End Date and End Time for the Mission Trip. These fields are required. You can use the date/time pickers or just fill the dates/times in manually.
- Enter the city, city + state, or international location of the mission trip into the "Mission Trip City" field. This field is not required, but it is used in many places to help with reporting and searching.
- If the trip is outside of the US, enter the country in the "Mission Trip Country" field. This field is not required, but highly useful.
- If the trip is outside of the US and a different language is spoken in the target country, you can indicate the language in the "Spoken Language" field. This field is not required.
- If a team member from your organize will act as the contact for a mission trip, you can use the Mission Trip Contact field to assign the trip to that team member. Simply click the "Lookup" button in the field to designate the appropriate team member. This field is not required.
- If you sell mission trips under a brand name, you can enter it in the "Brand Name" field. This field is not required.
- If your mission trip is targeted toward a specific age range you can specify this using the "Target Age Range" field. "Target Age Range" is considered a classification code. Argenta comes loaded with common target ages to help you get started, but you can change them at any time. You can add or delete any classification code by selecting Classification Codes from the Argenta main menu on the left hand side of the screen.
- You may choose to assign a category to your mission trip for reporting and filtering purposes. You can use the "Category" field for this. Categories are considered a classification code. Argenta comes loaded with common mission trip categories to help you get started, but you can change them at any time. You can add or delete any classification code by selecting Classification Codes from the Argenta main menu on the left hand side of the screen.
You can also add a new target age range or category right from this screen by choosing the corresponding "Add New" button. This will pop-up a window to add the classification code then display the new code in the correct field...
- The next row reflects the current statistics for the Mission Trip...
- If the mission trip requires a minimum number of participants enter it in the "Min. Participants" field.
- If the mission trip has a maximum number of participants enter it in the "Max. Participants" field.
- Enrolled, Available and Wait List are all determined by the number of enrollments and wait-listed participants you have entered in the enrollment section. These fields are read only and cannot be changed manually. They will change accordingly as your enrollments change.
- If you would like to decrease the amount of available slots because you want to reserve them without an actual enrollment you can enter the number of slots you would like to reserve in the "Reserve Block" field.
- If you do enter a reserve block, you may want to make a note about it. You can enter a reason and some notes in the "Reserve Block Reason" field.
- If you would like to provide an overall description for the Mission Trip you can enter it in the "Mission Trip General Description" field (shown above).
- If the Mission Trip gets cancelled for some reason you should enter a Cancel Date and Reason using the corresponding fields (shown below).
This is where you should save all your changes before moving on to the next section. Like all other modules and sections in Argenta, you can also add an unlimited number of files and/or notes to this Mission Trip. Make sure you save your changes first before adding notes and/or files.
If you have followed all of these steps, you have successfully added your first Mission Trip in Argenta.