Mission trip types are created and maintained in the Mission Trip Types section. Mission Trip Types are different than other classification codes in that they are also used to assign funds and fees to mission trips grouped by the trip type.
To add a new Mission Trip Type, select Mission Projects & Trips > Mission Trip Types - from the main menu on the left side of the screen.
This will bring you into the Mission Trip Types list. Next, click the "Add New" button above the Mission Trip Type list.
This will bring you into the Mission Trip Type Details screen.
The Mission Trip Type Details screen has two tabs, the Trip Type Details tab and the Trip Type Default Fees tab. The first tab, Trip Type Details, is where you will start.
- Status. Set the status as either Active or Inactive.
- Mission Trip Type. This is where you'll enter a name for the type you're creating.
- Associated Fund. Setting a fund here sets the default fund for all Mission Trips associated to this trip type. Select the default "No Associated Fund" to bypass this functionality.
- GL Unearned Revenue. You can set the GL Account to that which your unearned revenue should be posted to.
- GL Earned Revenue. You can set the GL Account to that which your earned revenue should be posted to.
- This is where you should save all your changes before moving on to the next tab. Click the "Save All Changes & Continue" button to save your changes and then click the "Trip Type Default Fees" tab to add associated fees.
Mission Trips have associated fees. If you have default fees for specific types of mission trips you can set them here at the trip type level and assign them at the mission trip level. To add a default fee, click the "Add A New Trip Type Default Fee" button.
This will create an open row in the grid where you can type the details for your new fee.
- Active. Checking the active check box makes the fee an active fee you can use at the mission trip level.
- Fee Type. You must select a name for your fee. This is required.
- Fee Amount. You can set the fee amount by typing in an amount. This is required.
- To save the fee click the corresponding save icon.