Mission Trip Refunds are added, processed and applied by enrollment. To add a Mission Trip Refund, select Events and Programs > Mission Trip Enrollments - from the main menu on the left side of the screen.
To add a refund from the Mission Trip Enrollments screen, select the Mission Trip Account that you wish to refund by using the corresponding open icon
. This will open the Enrollment workspace. From here select the "Payment & Refunds" tab.
This will open the "Mission Trip Enrollment Payments and Refunds" screen. Scroll down and select "Add A New Refund".
This will open the "Add Mission Trip Refunds" screen.
The initial add screen requires you to:
- Use the "Lookup" button in the "Contact Who Was Refunded" field, to select the person you're refunding the money to.
- Enter a refund date, either by using the date/time pickers or just fill the dates/times manually.
- Enter an amount to be refunded.
- Click the "Add Refund & Enter Details" button to add the refund and start entering the details of the refund.
This will redirect you to the full details screen where you can add any additional information about the refund.
This is where you will enter the details about the refund:
- If you added the initial payment to your General Journal you should now reverse that by adding the refund to the General Journal as well. To do this, check the "Add This Refund To The General Journal" check box.
- Argenta uses nonprofit, fund accounting. If you added the initial payment to a fund, make sure to choose the same fund for the refund.
- Next select the deposit or checking account where you initially added your payment.
- Finally, select the account from your chart of accounts where you originally debited the funds.
- The "Contact Refunded" field displays the contact you selected on the previous screen. You can change the contact person at any time during this process. This field is required.
- The "Refund Date" field displays the refund date you entered on the previous screen. You can change the refund date at any time during this process. This field is required.
- The "Refund Status" field is to indicate whether the actual refund has been issued, or if the refund is still outstanding.
- If you have made payment back to the party receiving the refund the status should be set to "Paid".
- If you haven't, the status would be set to "Outstanding".
- A third option is to put the refund on hold, by selecting On Hold.
- The "Amount Refunded" field displays the refund amount you entered on the previous screen. You can change the refund amount at any time during this process. This field is required.
- Use the "Refund Method" field to indicate how you have refunded the money. Choices include: Cash, Check, Cashier's Check, EFT, etc.
- If there is a check, PO, or reference number you can enter it. This field is not required.
- If you'd like to use refund categories to classify your mission trip refunds, you can create them in the "Classification Codes" section of Argenta, then use them here. Refunds can be classified using a category which is considered a classification code. Argenta comes loaded with common refund categories to help you get started, but you can change them at any time. Select a category from the "Refund Category" drop-down list. This field is not required, but highly useful.
- If you would like to associate the refund to a specific department or chapter select it in the "Department/Chapter" drop down list. This field is not required.
- If you would like to provide a reason for the refund you can enter it in the "Refund Description/Reason" field. This field is not required, but it's a good idea to give a reason a refund was issued.
This is where you should save your changes before moving on. Like all sections in Argenta, you can also add an unlimited number of files and/or notes to this refund. Make sure you save your changes first before adding notes and/or files.