In Argenta, Time Sheets are your time-clock or employee hours worked. This is where your employees will punch the proverbial time clock.
To get started, select Staff and Human Resources > Time Sheets - from the Argenta main menu of the left-hand side.
This will open the My Time Sheets screen. This will list all your time sheets. From here, click the "Add New" button.
This will open the Time Sheet Details screen.
From here you will enter a few brief details about your time sheet. Let's explore these fields in detail:
1. Time Sheet Status - This will be set to "New."
2. Pay Period Start - Enter the pay period start date here. You can enter a date manually or use the date selector. This field is required.
3. Pay Period End - Enter the pay period end date here. You can enter a date manually or use the date selector. This field is required.
4. Staff Member - Use the drop-down list to select the staff member this time sheet is for. This field is required.
Review your information and then click the "Add & Enter Tasks" button to add the time sheet and enter your tasks. This will open the view/update time sheet screen.
From here you need to add a Task to the time sheet. To add a task click the "Add New Task" button. This will open the Add Tasks To A Timesheet screen.
This is where you will enter the details about your task. Lets explore these fields in detail:
1. Task ID - Select the "Lookup" button to search for and select the task that is associated with your work. This field is required.
2. Department/Chapter - Select the department/chapter that you work within. If the appropriate department is not listed you can add a new one by clicking the "Add New" button.
3. Related Project - If you did work on a project, select the project here by using the "Lookup" button.
4. Related Grant - If you did work on a specific grant, select the grant here by using the "Lookup" button.
5. Describe The Task Work You Did Or Make Any Relevant Notes - You can describe the work you did in detail here or any notes you want to add to your time sheet.
Once these fields have been filled in, click the "Add This Task" button to add the task and log your hours to the task.
This will add a Tasks & Hours section to your time sheet:
This is where you will enter your hours for each day as they relate to this task. If you have multiple tasks then you can add each task by selecting the "Add New Task" button and repeating the above directions.
Fill in the number of hours worked for each day to the appropriate tasks. When you are done filling in your hours select the save icon
to save and update your hours.
You can "Save All Task Changes" to save everything and then click "Done For Now" to be returned to your complete listing of time sheets. Or you can click the "Save Details & Exit" button to save everything and be returned to your time sheet list.
Once it is time to submit your time sheet you will select the "Submit for Approval" button to submit the time sheet.