A grant is a sum of money given by an organization, foundation or a donor for a particular purpose.
To get started,
choose Donations and Grants > Grants - from the Argenta main menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
This will open the Grants screen where all your grants will be listed. From the top, click the “Add New” button.
This will open the Grant Workspace screen...
There is a lot of information available for inputting a Grant. Let's take a look at each field and tab in the Grant Workspace:
1. Record Permissions - You can choose to lock the record by placing a checkmark in the "Lock This Record" box. Choosing to lock this record prevents users from viewing or updating it, unless they're either a master admin or given specific permissions on the Record Permissions tab. Permissions also work by assigning a department, district and/or precinct. If you have users in your system who are restricted by these permissions, they will only be able to see records in the departments/districts/precincts you have granted them access to.
2. Grant Title - You must enter a name for your grant. This is a required field.
3. Grant Amount (Expected) - Enter the dollar amount you expect to receive for this grant.
4. Grant Amount (Actual) - Enter the dollar amount of the actual grant you received.
5. Grantor ID -
Select a grantor. If the grantor is already in Argenta, select the grantor by clicking the "Lookup" button. This will open a window allowing you to search for and select constituents designated as grantors. If the Grantor is not in the system as a grantor but as a constituent, you can add them by clicking the "Add New" button and then selecting the "lookup" button on the Add A New Grantor by Designating A Constituent As A Grantor
screen to search your constituents. If your grantor is brand new, you can still enter them here by selecting "Add New" on the Add A New Grantor by Designating a Constituent as A Grantor
screen. (It is important to remember that the first screen is only searching for your grantors and the second screen searches all constituents.)For help adding a new constituent please refer to KB Article - Add Constituents
. This is a required field.
6. Grant Type - Select a type from the drop-down list. If a type is not listed you can create a new on by selecting the "Add New" button.
7. Grant's Current Status - Set the grant's status by selecting a status from the drop-down list. Your status options are: In Preparation, Applied/Pending, Awarded, Needs More Information, Denied, Never Applied, or Funded.
8. Report Due Date - This is the day the grant report is due. You can manually enter a date or use the date selector.
9. Due Date - Enter a date due for the grant. You can manually enter a date or use the date selector.
10. Notification Date - Enter a date manually or by using the date selector. You will get an email on this day reminding you about the grant. This is controlled in the Grant Notifications tab.
11. Date Submitted - Enter the date you submitted your grant here. You can manually enter a date or use the date selector.
12. Date Funding Received - Enter the date you received your funding from the grant. You can enter a date manually or use the date selector.
13. Is Grant Renewable? - Yes or No.
14. Renewal Date - If the grant is renewable, enter the renew date here. You can enter a date manually or use the date selector.
15. Current or Future Grant - Select Current or Future.
16. Is Grant Multi-Year? - Yes or No.
17. Grant Start Year - If the grant is a multi-year grant, enter the start year for the grant here. You may manually type a date or use the date selector.
18. Grant End Year - If the grant is a multi-year grant, enter the end year for the grant here. You may manually type a date or use the date selector.
19. Is This A Challenge Grant - Yes or No.
20. Challenge Grant Requirements (if applicable) - If this is a challenge grant you can enter the challenge requirements here.
21. Is This A Project Grant - Yes or No.
22. Corresponding Project ID - If the grant is related to a project, you can select the corresponding Project ID by clicking the “Lookup” button. Once you have searched and selected the project, the Project ID field will display the ID of the project you selected.
23. Project Background/Description (if applicable) - If the grant is related to a project, you can enter a description of background here.
24. Expected Delivery Method - Enter the delivery method here.
25. Grant Description - You can enter a grant description here.
26. Executive Summary - You can put the executive summary here.
27. Additional Terms or Information - If there are any additional terms or information for your grant, please list them here.
You may also choose to attach related files or notes to this Grant.
In addition to all these details you have four more tabs of information about the grant available. They are Associated Expenses, Associated Time Sheet Tasks, Grant Notifications and Record Permissions. Each tab has a different purpose, lets look at all of them.
This tab will show you the expenses that you have associated with this grant. When you enter an expense, you have the option to tie it to a grant. When you do this, the expense will be listed in this tab. You can also enter an expense from this screen by clicking the "Add New" button.
Associated Time Sheet Tasks:
Associated time sheet tasks will list all the time sheet tasks that have been coded to working on this grant. These are controlled in the time sheets but will be displayed here.
Grant notifications is where you control the notification settings and emails. In here, you can select two email addresses that will get the notifications. The notifications that you can set are for the report due date and the grant due date. If you would like a notification set a notification date in the notification fields. You can manually enter a date or use the date selector.
Make sure to save your changes before moving on. Use the Save Icon at the top or the" Save All Changes & Continue or Save All Changes & Exit" buttons.
Individual records can be locked so only master admins and users who are listed here can view or edit them. To add user permissions for this record
simply add them here by selecting the user from the drop-down list, the click the "Add Selected User" button. This will add the user to the record
permissions and allow the user to edit and view the record.