Argenta allows you to keep track of all the engagement activities that take place with your donors. Engagement activities include when donors make donations or when you engage with them via email, U.S. mail, or by text. Argenta keeps track of all the engagements that take place in one easy place. These are different than board member engagements and volunteer engagements.
Argenta automatically creates some engagements for you.
- When your Donor places and online donation this automatically creates a donor engagement type of "Made An Online Donation."
- When your Donor registers online for an event and a free ticket option is selected then the engagement is created automatically with an engagement type of "Registered for an Event (No Tickets)."
- When your Donor registers online for an event and purchases a ticket then the engagement is created automatically with an engagement type of "Registered for an Event & Purchased Tickets."
To create a single entry engagement for a donor, click Sales & Marketing > Engagements, from the Argenta main menu:
This opens the list of all your organizations Engagements. From here, select the "Add New" button:
This opens the Add An Engagement window:
From here you will enter this information:
- Engagement Date - Enter an engagement date either by using the date selector or by manually entering a date. This is a required field.
- Engaged With (Team Member) - Select the team member who did the engagement by selecting the Lookup button, searching for and selecting the team member. This will default to the team member that is signed in.
- Engagement Type
- You need to choose select an engagement type from the drop-down list.
If the engagement type is not listed, you can add a new one by
selecting the Add New button. This is a required field.
- Record Type
- Choose a record type from the drop-down list. A record type is the
constituent type that you engaged with. Select donors here. This is a required field.
- (Select A Record Type First) Constituent ID - This shows as Select A Record Type First
but will change to the constituent ID number once a constituent type is
selected. Here you will select the donor for the engagement.
This is a require field.
Once all your engagement details have been filled in, you will click the "Add This Engagement" button from the bottom. This will add your engagement and return you to the full list of your organizations engagements.