In Argenta, you can keep track of all your constituent engagements. Constituent engagements are the activities or events that your constituents participate in or receive from your organization. All engagements for your constituents, whether they be volunteer, donor, etc., are tracked in one place within Argenta.
The Constituents (No Specific Relationship) type is used for several reasons. The first, is when you don't know what the constituents type is. The second, is when you have multiple record types that you are wanting to add an engagement to (Example, when you run an event promotion and blast it to all your donors, board member, staff, vendors, etc. and need to create an engagement for all these types in one engagement. More on this in Bulk Mail Room Engagements.) Lastly, when the constituent has no type.
To add a constituent engagement, select Sales & Marketing > Engagement - from the left-hand side of the Argenta dashboard.
This will bring you to the complete listing of all your organizations engagements. From here you will click the "Add New" button.
This will open the Add An Engagement screen where you will fill out the details of your engagement.
- Engagement Date. You will enter an engagement date either by using the date selector or by manually entering a date. This is a required field.
- Engaged With (Team Member). You can select the team member who did the engagement by selecting "Lookup," searching for and selecting the team member. This will default to the team member that is signed in.
- Engagement Type. Choose your engagement type from the drop-down list. If the engagement type is not listed you can add a new one by selecting the "Add New" button.
- Record Type. Next, you need to choose a record type from the drop-down menu. A record type is the constituent type that you engaged with. This will be Constituents (No Specific Relationship), because you don't know the type, have multiple types, or the record does not have a type associated to it.
- (Select A Record Type First) Constituent ID. Lastly, is the constituent ID field. This shows as Select A Record Type First but will change to the constituent ID number once a constituent type and constituent are selected. This is a require field.
Once all your engagement details have been filled in, you will click the "Add This Engagement" button from the bottom. This will add your engagement and return you to the full list of your organizations constituent engagements.