Argenta allows you to build a budget within the system. Budgets are an estimation of your revenues and expenses to help you determine a financial plan for a defined period of time. Some organizations build budgets annually to show them an overview of the revenues and expenses they plan on each year.
To build a budget in Argenta, simply select General Financials > Budgets from the left-hand side main menu.
This will open the complete listing of all your created budgets. From here, select the "Add New" button from the top right hand side.
This will open the Add A New Budget screen.
From here there are some important fields that should be considered. Here is a breakdown of each field:
- Budget Name. Type in a name for your new budget. This is a required field.
- Fiscal Year. Select a fiscal year from the drop-down box or add a new one by selecting "Add New."
- Budget Type. Select a budget type from the drop-down box or add a new one by selecting "Add New." The type of budget will unlock the Associated Campaign, Associated Event, Associated Program, or Associated Project fields below.
- Budget Category. Select a budget category from the drop-down box or add a new one by selecting "Add New."
- Department/Chapter. Select a department/chapter from the drop-down box or add a new one by selecting "Add New."
- District and Precinct. Select a district and precinct if applicable, from the drop-down box or add a new one by selecting "Add New."
- Associated Campaign, Event, Program, and Project. Select an associated campaign, associated event, associated program, or associated project, when related. These fields are controlled by the budget type above. Fill in the related campaign, event, program or project by selecting the corresponding "Lookup" button. This will open a screen where you will search for the campaign, event, program or project. You can search by the full name or a partial. To select the name use the pink check mark to select the name. This will make the selection and close the lookup screen.
Once all fields have been filled out, click the "Add This Budget" button to add the budget. This will close the screen and return you to the full listing of your Budgets
. You are not done yet, from here locate the budget you just created and click the open icon
This will open the Budget Details screen:
This will show al the information you entered at the creation of the budget process.
Next, you will see the Budget Items: